Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Softball season has started!


Softball season has started for Spring 2011! I am on a team called the Tornadoes. This is my fifth season playing softball! My team won the first game we played on Saturday. We played against the Screaming Eagles. It was a good game. 

I like playing on a team because it's fun and you learn to work with other people. Being on a team means you can learn to rely on other people to help you, and you learn to help other people on your team. I like playing softball this season most of all because I am getting better at batting, catching and throwing. My mom said that I have improved so much since last season! When I first started playing I couldn't even catch a ball or hit it. Now I hit almost every pitch! I can catch pop flies and I can catch a fast pitch without a problem! In this season I am mostly playing third base. Last season I played second. I like to play third base better because I get more outs at the base and I can get the other team player out going home. It's very exciting when I get an out or stop a runner from going home! 

My friend got a double play on Saturday. That is when you get two people out in one play. It was very cool to watch! 

I like my coaches, too. They are very nice and I am learning a lot this season. I can't wait to play again on Saturday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment